We deserved win over Norwich City - Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici
Returning goalkeeper Adam Federici felt Reading got something to build on from their goalless draw with City – but that they also deserved all three points.
The Australian replaced injured Alex McCarthy and duly left with the Royals' first top-flight clean sheet on their so far winless return.
'That is something to build on,' he said. 'You have got to say that the defence was really solid today which is something we have been lacking in.
'We had a good go. We didn't get that one real opportunity. We had a lot of half chances. The boys worked really hard and we deserved three points. You could have said that a few times this season.
'Everything was good – we just lacked a goal. To be fair, we haven't really lacked for goals this season so we will take the clean sheet and build from there.
You may also want to watch:
'It is just getting that one break. We haven't had a lot of luck this season – that plays a big part in going on runs.'
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected