Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 7-1 thrashing of Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City scored six goals in the first half of a match at Carrow Road for the very first time yesterday – and now you can re-live the superb performance.
The 7-1 thrashing of Reading may have left supporters frustrated to have not seen such performances put in when it mattered this season but it will still live long in the memory.
A brace apiece for Alex Pritchard and Wes Hoolahan followed an early penalty from striker Nelson Oliveria and was added to be a strike from captain Russell Martin, before top scorer came off the bench late on to tap in the final goal.
Match report: Norwich City 7 Reading 1
Despite beating the Championship's fourth-placed team with such ease, the day's late kick-off saw Sheffield Wednesday beat title chasers Newcastle to reclaim sixth place from Fulham and leave City will adrift of the play-off places.
That has left the Canaries in 10th place and nine points behind Wednesday with five games remaining, starting against Fulham on the afternoon of Good Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Watch highlights of yesterday's thrashing of the Royals in the video above.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace