Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 7-1 thrashing of Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City scored six goals in the first half of a match at Carrow Road for the very first time yesterday – and now you can re-live the superb performance.
The 7-1 thrashing of Reading may have left supporters frustrated to have not seen such performances put in when it mattered this season but it will still live long in the memory.
A brace apiece for Alex Pritchard and Wes Hoolahan followed an early penalty from striker Nelson Oliveria and was added to be a strike from captain Russell Martin, before top scorer came off the bench late on to tap in the final goal.
Match report: Norwich City 7 Reading 1
Despite beating the Championship's fourth-placed team with such ease, the day's late kick-off saw Sheffield Wednesday beat title chasers Newcastle to reclaim sixth place from Fulham and leave City will adrift of the play-off places.
That has left the Canaries in 10th place and nine points behind Wednesday with five games remaining, starting against Fulham on the afternoon of Good Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Watch highlights of yesterday's thrashing of the Royals in the video above.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it