Was it player or was it fan? Mystery man at Carrow Road causes Twitter storm
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A man watching Norwich City's victory over Coventry at Carrow Road on Tuesday night sparked a storm on Twitter with many Canaries' fans hinting that he could be a new signing.
Despite City's emphatic 6-1 victory over the Sky Blues in the League Cup, much of the attention was away from the pitch as fans tried to decipher who the man in stands was.
Many fans on Twitter seemed to think the man was striker Dame N'Doye who is currently playing for Trabzonspor in the Turkish league. The Senegal international has been linked with a move to Carrow Road.
Anita Byrne-Phillips tweeted: 'My son said N'Doye straight away I said nah!! I also said surely he would be in the directors box not in stands?'
Adam Carey said: 'Looks like N'Doye in the Norwich Directors box this evening.'
You may also want to watch:
And Sam Jermy added: 'N'Doye looks to be sitting in the stands tonight. Now time to find my 'I bet we get N'Doye on loan last minute' tweet.'
But some fans were convinced that it was not the former Hull City forward.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Lewis said: 'That random guy looks nothing like Dame N'Doye.'
The Mighty Fritz tweeted: 'That is not N'Doye, don't know who it is.'
And Jamie Burgum just simply put: 'Not N'Doye.'
When asked during his post-match press conference if N'Doye was at Carrow Road, Alex Neil said: 'If he was that is news to me.'
The speculation comes after French defender Jérôme Onguéné was spotted in the stands by fans during Norwich City's goalless draw with Sheffield Wednesday.
Neil said the Sochaux centre-back and his advisors travelled to Norfolk for a fact-finding mission.