‘I am just buzzing. A great moment’ – Vrancic relieved to salvage a valuable draw for City against Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mario Vrancic was the hero as Norwich City just about kept their title chase on course but the midfielder wasn't getting too carried away with his big moment.
The Canaries salvaged a 2-2 draw against Sheffield Wednesday at Carrow Road last night, thanks to substitute Vrancic curling in a free-kick in the seventh minute of injury-time to spark memorable celebrations.
Asked if it was the biggest moment of the season the 29-year-old said: 'I guess one of the biggest. I am just buzzing. A great moment but I would be happier with three points!'
Snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat pushed the Canaries five points clear of Sheffield United and Leeds at the summit, which leaves Daniel Farke's team knowing two wins from their final three games will seal promotion – and the title. That pursuit continues at mid-table Stoke on Monday, with spirited City now unbeaten in 11 games.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Vrancic added: 'We are now five points ahead with three games to go, so very important, but it is not done so we have to keep going.'
- 1 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 2 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 3 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 4 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
- 5 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 6 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 7 Norfolk hospital charged following death of patient mistakenly sent home
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 9 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
- 10 Heavy delays after crash between lorry and car on A47