‘I am just buzzing. A great moment’ – Vrancic relieved to salvage a valuable draw for City against Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mario Vrancic was the hero as Norwich City just about kept their title chase on course but the midfielder wasn't getting too carried away with his big moment.
The Canaries salvaged a 2-2 draw against Sheffield Wednesday at Carrow Road last night, thanks to substitute Vrancic curling in a free-kick in the seventh minute of injury-time to spark memorable celebrations.
Asked if it was the biggest moment of the season the 29-year-old said: 'I guess one of the biggest. I am just buzzing. A great moment but I would be happier with three points!'
Snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat pushed the Canaries five points clear of Sheffield United and Leeds at the summit, which leaves Daniel Farke's team knowing two wins from their final three games will seal promotion – and the title. That pursuit continues at mid-table Stoke on Monday, with spirited City now unbeaten in 11 games.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Vrancic added: 'We are now five points ahead with three games to go, so very important, but it is not done so we have to keep going.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival