Vote for your alternative Norwich City player-of-the-year
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Has there been a hotter favourite to lift the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy at Norwich City than James Maddison?
The England Under-21 international took his personal tally to 14 goals and 10 assists in the weekend's 3-2 Championship win over Reading at Carrow Road.
Maddison has been outstanding in a breakthrough season under the guidance of Daniel Farke that understandably will prompt a fresh wave of summer speculation touting him with a Premier League move.
By then, Maddison will have added the prestigious City player-of-the-year to his four consecutive player-of-the-month awards and two Championship goal-of-the-month accolades.
That is not taking a leap of faith regarding the voting intentions of the Canary Nation, or being disrespectful to Maddison's club mates, but the midfielder's level of consistency is far removed from anyone else in Farke's squad over the past nine months.
There is surely few brighter English talents currently operating outside the top flight, and Maddison will be a worthy successor to Wes Hoolahan on a roll call that numbers three-time winner Grant Holt and fans' favourite Darren Huckerby.
So in the interests of a contest rather than a coronation, who would get your vote from the alternative list. Or in other words, who is likely to occupy the podium places?
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
• Cast your ballot from the shortlist