Video: Paul Lambert and Grant Holt joining Norwich City Hall of Fame
Norwich City fans have voted manager Paul Lambert and captain Grant Holt into the club's Hall of Fame.
The duo, along with Wes Hoolahan, Dean Ashton and Efan Ekoku, will officially be inducted at a special Carrow Road gala dinner on March 20. The quartet's service to the Canaries will be recognised next month alongside Adam Drury, deputy chairman Michael Fougler and former player Alf Kirchen, who had already been selected by Norwich City and the club's Historical Trust.
Club officials last night confirmed Lambert and the current players who have been selected will be in attendance at the gala event and it is hoped they will be joined by ex-players Ashton and Ekoku.
Now a respected media pundit, Ekoku scored Norwich's first-ever goal in competitive European action when the Canaries beat Vitesse Arnhem 3-0 at Carrow Road in a Uefa Cup tie back in September 1993. Ekoku also notably scored four goals in a 5-1 Premier League romp over Everton that season. The former Nigerian international struck 17 goals in 45 appearances for the club.
Ex-England striker Ashton was Norwich's record signing when he joined from Crewe in January 2005 midway through the club's last Premier League campaign. Ashton's goals almost helped Nigel Worthington's men pull off a great escape before he moved on to West Ham the following season, but an injury on England duty eventually forced him into premature retirement.
You may also want to watch:
The eight new inductees will join 120 members who have already been voted into the club's Hall of Fame. Tickets for the dinner on March 20, priced �85 and �65, are available now by calling Canary Catering on 01603 218704.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'