Video: Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty soaks Sky Sports reporter during Northern Ireland celebrations
- Credit: PA
The renowned enthusiastic personality of Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty saw the Canaries player at the centre of the party for Northern Ireland last night.
Michael O'Neill's side beat Greece 3-1 in Belfast to seal qualification for next summer's European Championships in France – prompting wild celebrations at Windsor Park at full-time.
Lafferty was suspended for the match but was there to soak up the special night, which brought an end to a 30-year wait for a major tournament in the country, since the 1986 World cup in Mexico.
The 28-year-old had already played a major role in getting his country into that position, scoring seven goals in eight qualifying matches to be amongst the top scorers in the Euro 2016 qualification stage.
The Canaries forward is expected to return for Sunday's match in Finland, where a win will seal top spot in Group F, with Finland now unable to qualify.
You may also want to watch:
Lafferty still managed to steal the spotlight on Sky Sports last night though, pouring some champagne over reporter Paul Gilmour, alongside team-mate Chris Baird. Watch a video of the moment in the Twitter post above.
- 1 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 4 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 9 City bar owner tells clubbers: 'Turn off Covid app'
- 10 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk