VIDEO: Norwich City 6, Scunthorpe United 0
Michael Bailey reviews Norwich City's impressive 6-0 win over Scunthorpe United at Carrow Road.
Skipper Grant Holt and substitute Simeon Jackson scored hat-tricks as promotion-chasing Norwich City turned on the style to record their biggest win of the Championship campaign.
Holt's treble took him to 51 career goals for the Canaries and Jackson added a remarkable hat-trick of his own in the space of 15 minutes to wrap up a comprehensive victory over relegation-threatened Scunthorpe United in front of Carrow Road's second biggest crowd of the season.
It was the most one-sided game seen at Norwich for many a season and there was a party atmosphere inside the stadium even before Jackson's 70th-minute introduction.
Defeat for promotion rivals Swansea at Preston made it an even better afternoon for Paul Lambert's men, who opened up a four-point gap over Cardiff City in third place with a veritable goal feast.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first time two City players scored hat-tricks in the same match since Malcolm Allen bagged four and Robert Fleck three in the 8-0 FA Cup win over Sutton United in 1989.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash