VIDEO: Norwich City 1, Queens Park Rangers 0
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 1-0 win over Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road.
Russell Martin's third goal of the season was enough to give Norwich City victory over Championship leaders Queens Park Rangers in a barnstorming match at Carrow Road.
It was a thrilling start to the New Year for the Canaries and their supporters as they served up some tremendous entertainment for a near full house.
Full-back Martin struck after nine minutes, shooting home after a shot by Chris Martin had been blocked by Rangers defender Clint Hill.
In front of a crowd of more than 26,000, the Canaries went on to produce certainly their best home performance of the season, but despite hammering away at the leaders for long periods, they were unable to add to their lead.
You may also want to watch:
New signing Aaron Wilbraham had a first-half goal disallowed for handling and, after Rangers were reduced to 10 men by a red card for defender Matt Connolly early in the second half, City were repeatedly thwarted by goalkeeper Paddy Kenny and some desperate defending.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham