VIDEO: Norwich City 1, Middlesbrough 0
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 1-0 win over Middlesbrough at Carrow Road.
Simeon Jackson's fourth Championship goal of the season was enough to beat managerless Middlesbrough as Norwich City bounced back from their midweek home defeat by Crystal Palace.
Jackson struck shortly before half-time with a simple finish from close range after skipper Grant Holt had knocked back a cross from Anthony McNamee.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Andrew Crofts had earlier been unlucky to see his shot rebound off the post into goalkeeper Jason Steele's hands, but it was generally an afternoon of few clear-cut chances.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
Boro' had plenty of possession over the 90 minutes without creating enough chances against a City back four who were solid throughout – with centre-backs Leon Barnett and Elliott Ward especially outstanding.
The one golden opportunity that came their way was squandered, with substitute Scott McDonald firing wide from Nicky Bailey's cross in stoppage time.
• If you are viewing this on our mobile site to access the video please visit our main website.