VIDEO: Norwich City 1, Middlesbrough 0
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 1-0 win over Middlesbrough at Carrow Road.
Simeon Jackson's fourth Championship goal of the season was enough to beat managerless Middlesbrough as Norwich City bounced back from their midweek home defeat by Crystal Palace.
Jackson struck shortly before half-time with a simple finish from close range after skipper Grant Holt had knocked back a cross from Anthony McNamee.
Midfielder Andrew Crofts had earlier been unlucky to see his shot rebound off the post into goalkeeper Jason Steele's hands, but it was generally an afternoon of few clear-cut chances.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 6 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 7 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 8 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
- 9 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 10 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
Boro' had plenty of possession over the 90 minutes without creating enough chances against a City back four who were solid throughout – with centre-backs Leon Barnett and Elliott Ward especially outstanding.
The one golden opportunity that came their way was squandered, with substitute Scott McDonald firing wide from Nicky Bailey's cross in stoppage time.
• If you are viewing this on our mobile site to access the video please visit our main website.