VIDEO: Norwich City 1, Leeds United 1
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 1-1 draw against Leeds United at Carrow Road.
Defender Leon Barnett's first goal for Norwich City earned them a point from a rip-roaring Championship battle with Leeds United at Carrow Road.
Tricky left-winger Max Gradel put Leeds ahead in the 13th minute with a low shot that goalkeeper John Ruddy was unable to keep out.
Trailing at the interval, City dominated the second half but it took them until the 65th minute to draw level when Barnett rose to head home from a David Fox corner.
It was the Canaries' fourth successive draw but after bombarding Leeds for almost the entire second period, when a double substitution – including the introduction of Wes Hoolahan – helped give them the upper hand, they were unlucky not to collect all three points.
A pulsating game was watched by a crowd of 26,315, an all-seater record for Carrow Road and the biggest home gate since 1989.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'