VIDEO: Norwich City 1, Cardiff City 1
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 1-0 win over Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road.
Full-back Russell Martin scored a dramatic last-minute equaliser to earn Norwich City a point from their big clash with promotion rivals Cardiff at Carrow Road.
Martin, who scored the winner against leaders Queens Park Rangers a fortnight ago, bagged his fourth goal of the season when he scored from close range after substitute Aaron Wilbraham's shot drifted across goal to the far post.
Burly striker Jon Parkin had given Cardiff the lead in only the seventh minute with a well-struck half-volley.
But the Canaries fought back to dominate the opening half with David Fox striking the bar and Grant Holt having a penalty appeal waved aside and a goal disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
Cardiff had chances to make the game safe in the second half, notably when John Ruddy saved from Michael Chopra, but all Norwich's endeavours were finally rewarded as the game approached the 90-minute mark.
Substitute Simon Lappin's cross was met by Wilbraham's shot, and Martin applied the finishing touch to secure a well-deserved point and prevent Cardiff becoming the first team to double the Canaries since Paul Lambert took over as manager.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach