VIDEO: Norwich City 0, Portsmouth 2
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 2-0 defeat at home to Portsmouth.
Norwich City's six-match unbeaten run was ended in stormy fashion as a second-half goal from striker David Kitson and a Greg Halford penalty gave Portsmouth their second successive away win.
For City, defender Leon Barnett – whose permanent move from West Bromwich Albion was confirmed only yesterday – was sent off in stoppage time after conceding the penalty with a trip on David Nugent.
Barnett had already been booked and departed after a second yellow, and there could be more trouble for the centre-half as he appeared to throw the ball at referee Simon Hooper before leaving the field.
Kitson struck first in the 73rd minute from a Nugent cross and Halford's spot-kick wrapped up the game to inflict the Canaries' fourth home defeat of the season.
City were on top for long spells but paid the price for not taking their opportunities in the first half, and in the end they failed to score for the first time since the 0-0 draw at Queens Park Rangers in October.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 10 Elderly driver taken to hospital after village green crash