Video: Kei Kamara sparks wild Columbus Crew celebrations with extra-time winner in MLS play-offs
- Credit: Columbus Crew SC Communications/Daniel Herlensky
Former Norwich City striker Kei Kamara was the hero for Columbus Crew in the Major League Soccer (MLS) play-offs in the USA.
Kamara scored an 111th-minute winner in extra-time of his side's Eastern Conference semi-final against Montreal Impact, who had Chelsea legend Didier Drogba leading their attack.
The Canadian side arrived in Columbus with a 2-1 lead from the first leg but Kamara levelled the aggregate score in just the fourth minute of Sunday night's match.
A goal apiece saw the match go to extra-time with the aggregate score locked at 3-3, with Kamara having missed a penalty but making up for it with an excellent headed winner, to spark wild celebrations in Ohio.
The 31-year-old former Canaries loan forward was runner-up for the MLS Golden Boot award this season, with 22 goals, but two further goals have taken Columbus into the Eastern Conference Championship.
You may also want to watch:
They will face New York Red Bulls at home on November 22 and away on November 29, with the winner facing eith FC Dallas or Portland Timbers in the MLS Cup final.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game