VIDEO: Hull City 1, Norwich City 1
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 1-1 draw at Hull City.
Defender Zak Whitbread's first goal for Norwich City was enough to keep them in second place in the Championship table as they collected a hard-earned point at Hull City.
But veteran Nick Barmby denied the Canaries yet another away victory with a second-half equaliser after coming on as a substitute.
Whitbread celebrated his call-up to the United States international squad by heading in from David Fox's free-kick in the 27th minute, and two fine saves by John Ruddy plus a glaring miss by James Harper ensured Norwich led at the interval.
Barmby's 74th-minute equaliser from a cross by Matty Fryatt set up a thrilling finish in which either side could have snatched victory, with Henri Lansbury desperately close to a late winner for the Canaries and Ruddy making another vital save in the dying minutes.
You may also want to watch:
A point was enough to keep Paul Lambert's men in second place with eight games to go and a fortnight's break now upon us.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast