VIDEO: Derby County 1, Norwich City 2
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 2-1 win at Derby County.
Norwich City gave more than 2,200 travelling fans an early Christmas present with their fourth Championship away win of the season – one that took them above opponents Derby County.
All three goals came in the space of six minutes of a lively first half at a bitterly cold Pride Park.
A Shaun Barker own goal gave City the lead in the 11th minute when he diverted a shot by David Fox past his own goalkeeper.
Two minutes later, Chris Martin made it 2-0 when he headed home from Simon Lappin's cross.
You may also want to watch:
Derby were back in the game with a goal from top scorer Kris Commons in the 17th minute, but despite the Rams dominating most of the second period, the Canaries held on - and both Chris Martin and skipper Grant Holt went close to scoring a third.
City's victory ended a run of six successive home wins by the Rams.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk