VIDEO: Burnley 2, Norwich City 1
Chris Lakey reviews Norwich City's 2-1 defeat at Burnley - the Canaries' first defeat in nine games in the Championship.
A goal nine minutes from time by Jay Rodriguez condemned Norwich City to only their second defeat in 16 Championship games.
Rodriguez tucked home a free-kick from Danny Fox to decide a rain-soaked encounter at Turf Moor and inflict the Canaries' first away defeat since October 30.
It was the classic game of two halves with Burnley on top before the break and going ahead in the 33rd-minute with a 20-yard shot from their former loan midfielder, Dean Marney, though City will have felt striker Simeon Jackson was fouled before Burnley broke upfield to score.
But City fought back and dominated much of the second half, skipper Grant Holt levelling with a great finish from Wes Hoolahan's cross after 65 minutes.
The Canaries looked more likely winners for a while and substitute Chris Martin twice forced goalkeeper Lee Grant into action, but Rodriguez settled the issue when he popped up at the far post to poke his shot under goalkeeper John Ruddy.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 4 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 9 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 10 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted