Vaughan chat helped make up Martin’s mind on loan
Striker Chris Martin has revealed that he consulted City team-mate James Vaughan before taking up a loan move with Crystal Palace.
Martin has joined the Championship side until January 2 after just four senior outings for Norwich since February.
Vaughan had a successful loan stint with the Eagles last season and he had no hesitation in recommending Dougie Freedman's side.
'Vaughany spoke well of the place and he obviously enjoyed his time here,' Martin told Palace's official website.
'He had only good things to say, which helped convince me a little bit to come here.
You may also want to watch:
'I didn't need too much convincing, though, because I know Palace are a big club and are in a good position in the league.'
Martin is set to make his Palace debut at Leicester on Sunday.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
• City forward Josh Dawkin has had his loan spell at Blue Square Premier side Kettering Town extended for another month until December 15.
Dawkin, with three first team apperances for the Canaries to his name, scored his first goal for the Poppies in their 2-2 draw with Ebbsfleet United.