Vadis Ofoe makes his Norwich City comeback in goalless practice match against Chicago Fire
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Belgian international midfielder Vadis Ofoe made his comeback from a knee ligament injury in Thursday's 0-0 practice match against MLS side Chicago Fire at Colney.
Ofoe has not played since suffering the injury on his first league start for the Canaries in October's 0-0 Championship draw against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
The 25-year-old had suffered a minor setback in his recovery last month and City boss Alex Neil made it clear he would take no chances with the midfielder who has been restricted to four appearances for the Canaries since his close season move from Club Brugges.
Ofoe tweeted his delight at a long-awaited return on his official Twitter account.
'Happy with my 1st game Again today. I wanna thank everybody that supported me in this tough period but WE are back now #blessed #GodsGrace.'
You may also want to watch:
Ofoe was joined in the City ranks by the likes of Conor McGrandles and the rest of City's development squad against the MLS opponents who are spending time at Colney as part of their pre-season preparations.
Former Ipswich player and Fire head coach Frank Yallop named two separate starting line ups which included recent signing from Wigan Shaun Maloney.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship