Vadis Odjidja is going nowhere in the January window, says Norwich City boss Alex Neil
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is not going to let Vadis Odjidja out of his sight with the transfer window now in full swing after a starring cameo in Norwich City's 1-0 Premier League win over Southampton.
Neil revealed he had held talks with Odjidja over his future prior to impressing during a superb festive spell for the Canaries. The Belgian international spent part of this season on loan at Rotherham, but underlined his value with a clever assist for Alex Tettey's second-half winner.
The City chief has made it clear he is prepared to let some of his fringe players go if the club bring in fresh blood, but Odjidja does not fall into that category.
'Vadis will definitely remain here,' said Neil. 'It wasn't a case of if he didn't take his chance he would be going, he just wanted to play games. Basically if he is not, then there are only two scenarios and he wanted to play games and he has shown to me and the team he has something to offer.
'Credit to him, he'll be involved moving forward. I had a good chat with him and I think he was getting a bit frustrated because he wanted an opportunity to play games, so I spoke to him and his agent and I said I would try to get him some game-time and then we would see what he can do and if it didn't work out we would address it in the window. I hope that continues.'
You may also want to watch:
Neil is no doubt Odjidja can make his mark in Norwich's midfield.
'He is different to what we have got. He adds a different dimension to the group,' he said. 'His biggest strength is his creativity. I don't think he is like an Alex Tettey or a Gary O'Neil, for instance, and one who can sit there. He is all about getting forward, seeing passes and using that touch, technique and strength. Those are his biggest assets.'
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale