Updated Rumour Mill: Norwich City up the ante with £6m bid for Robbie Brady; Argentine hitman Joaquín Larrivey on the radar
- Credit: PA
Norwich City refuse to give up in their protracted transfer chase for Hull City's Robbie Brady, with reports on Friday afternoon of an improved fourth offer in the region of £6m.
Skysports claimed earlier in the day the Canaries have not been put off by Tigers' chief Steve Bruce's public condemnation of their pursuit of the Republic of Ireland international, after Bruce slammed three previous bids between £2m and £3m as 'embarrassing'.
The Mirror, however, reported on Friday afternoon a £6m bid had been lodged, which still falls short of the Tigers' £9m valuation, although Irish media hinted in recent days the Humberside club would sanction a move for £5m for the 23-year-old.
Brady has one year left on his current contract, but Bruce is keen to tie down his key men on longer term deals to plot an instant Championship return.
Hull have already sold Tom Ince to Derby County for a reported £5m and Bruce clearly values Brady in the same bracket.
'We paid £2.75m for Robbie and that was three years ago,' said Bruce to the Hull Daily Mail on Wednesday. 'Norwich have come in with bids for Robbie Brady but I have to say they've been embarrassing. The supporters should know the truth and Norwich came in two weeks ago with a bid of £2m, £2.5m and then £3m.
You may also want to watch:
'That's ridiculous for someone who is 23, has played two years in the Premier League and has become a regular international. When we've just got almost twice that for Tom Ince (who joined Derby for £5m). It doesn't make sense. This can unsettle players, do this, that or the other, and it's all part of the game. But Robbie Brady will not be going for anywhere near that.'
Meanwhile, Spanish media report Celta Vigo striker Joaquin Larrivey has travelled to London to complete a £1.5m move to Carrow Road, which could be sealed early next week.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
The 30-year-old has offers from the Premier League and Dubai-based club Al Wasl FC but is poised to finalise terms on a two-year contract, with the option of another year, and undergo a medical after City reportedly reached agreement with Vigo.
Larrivey was second top scorer for his club last season with 11 goal in 35 appearances for Celta following a previous spell with Rayo Vallecano.
The Canaries have so far signed Youssouf Mulumbu on a free transfer from West Brom this summer and completed a permanent move for his former Baggies' team mate Graham Dorrans.