Updated - Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries in talks with Liverpool starlet Sergi Canos
- Credit: PA
Norwich City is holding talks with Liverpool's teenage attacking midfielder Sergi Canos after matching the Reds' £2.5m valuation.
The Liverpool Echo reported on Thursday afternoon Canos and his representatives are now in discussions with the Canaries over a potential move to Carrow Road.
The 19-year-old, who has also been the subject of a similar bid from Championship rivals Bristol City, had reportedly stalled on a potential switch to Ashton Gate following firm interest from the Canaries.
Canos has been in talks to extend his deal with the Reds but negotiations had reached an impasse over his reported £10,000 a week wage demands. Liverpool would look to negotiate a sell-on clause and potentially a buy-back option if Canos is able to agree personal terms to leave Merseyside.
The midfielder, who made his Liverpool debut as a late substitute in the final Premier League game of last season at West Brom following a successful loan stint at Brentford, has been training with the Reds' academy players since returning in recent days to begin pre-season rather than joining Jurgen Klopp's senior set-up at Melwood.
Alex Neil is yet to make a new signing this summer with the window now officially open for business, following the club-record sale of Nathan Redmond to Southampton, but was heavily linked to Steven Fletcher before the free agent opted to join Sheffield Wednesday last week.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?