Updated: Norwich City label plans to unveil Robbie Brady at West Ham friendly as ‘premature’.
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have dismissed reports in the Irish media on Tuesday afternoon Robbie Brady is set to be unveiled at this evening's Carrow Road friendly against West Ham.
The Irish Independent stated Brady has penned a three-year deal, with the option of a further year, to become Alex Neil's third summer signing after Youssouf Mulumbu and a permanent deal for Graham Dorrans.
City officials have reacted to those fresh reports by insisting there are no plans to unveil any new players ahead of the Hammers' visit with Brady's protracted summer transfer still to be finally rubber-stamped.
Norwich have also been touted with a season-long loan move for Liverpool's Andre Wisdom and a deal for Blackburn keeper Jake Kean earlier today.
The 23-year-old Irishman has been in Norfolk since Monday to finalise personal terms and complete a medical, after Hull accepted a reported £7m fee, and Brady could make his City debut in this weekend's final home friendly against Brentford should the deal be officially announced.
You may also want to watch:
The left-sided player made 34 appearances for the Tigers and was one of their stand out players last season in a campaign which ended in relegation from the Premier League.
Brady also impressed for his country in the friendly against England and Euro2016 qualifying draw against Scotland earlier this summer when he was in the same Irish line up as prospective new City team mate Wes Hoolahan.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing