Update: Norwich City duo Robbie Brady and Wes Hoolahan earn Republic of Ireland call ups
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City duo Robbie Brady and Wes Hoolahan are the latest Canaries called up for international duty, with the pair set to feature in upcoming Republic of Ireland friendlies against Switzerland and Slovakia ahead of their country's Euro 2016 build-up.
Brady faces a late fitness test ahead of Saturday's Premier League game against Manchester City after suffering a calf injury against Swansea but the Dubliner, along with Hoolahan, have been included in Martin O'Neill's provisional squad for friendlies against Switzerland on March 25 and Slovakia four days later.
Both were heavily involved in the Republic successfully qualifying for this summer's tournament, with Brady scoring in the aggregate play-off win over Bosnia.
The City duo join Scottish trio Steven Naismith, Russell Martin and Steven Whittaker who have all earned call ups for a friendly against the Czech Republic in Prague.
Scotland head coach Gordon Strachan has included the Canaries in a 19-man squad, which also includes fit-again former Norwich midfielder Robert Snodgrass, for the test against the Czechs on Thursday, March 24.
You may also want to watch:
Whittaker has been retained in the Scotland party for a Hampden Park friendly five days later against the Danes with Strachan naming a more experimental 19-man squad for the home leg of the Scot's double-header.
The City trio are set to be among a number of club mates featuring in international friendlies with the Premier League set for a two-week break following Norwich's league trip to West Brom on March 19 and Newcastle's crucial visit to Carrow Road on April 2.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected