Player watch: Abrahams demonstrates pace and power as he leads young Canaries to victory
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Our latest Norwich City player watch kept an eye on 19-year-old striker Tristan Abrahams as the Canaries' under-23s beat Wolves 2-1 at Carrow Road. Here's how the youngster performed...
11 – Good work from Devonte Aransibia on the left allows the striker to drill a low shot goalwards from 10 yards out but Wolves keeper Jon Flatt does well to save with his feet.
19 – GOAL – Adam Phillips sets Power away on the right with a lovely pass, the Irishman cuts back a low cross which Adam Idah can't make contact with but Abrahams is free to lash home from six yards with the keeper caught out.
20 – Receives the ball on the left from Aransibia, with Wolves still rocking on their heels less than 90 seconds after the first goal, and powers towards the box. Cross deflects to Marco Stiepermann on the edge of the box and the German's classy chip is cleared off the line, only for the linesman to award the goal for 2-0.
28 – Stiepermann sets Aransibia away on the left, Abrahams continues the attack before returning the ball to his left-back, whose cross is charged down for a corner.
You may also want to watch:
38 – The former Orient striker has a shot charged down for a corner on the left.
42 – Great pace from Power to break free in midfield, sets Abrahams through, passes up first chance to shoot and second effort is charged down. Straight afterwards, Aransibia recycles well under pressure and Phillips plays a fine threaded ball into Abrahams, who thumps the ball across the face of goal but Adam Idah doesn't gamble for the chance to finish.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
47 – Right-back Max Aarons finds Abrahams and charges forward wanting the ball on the right wing but his team-mate can't return the pass.
51 – City clear their lines, Abrahams stops the ball from going out on the right, Power passes to Aransibia on the left and his shot is well saved.
71 – Flowing team move and Abrahams wins a corner.
73 – Replaced by Pierre Fonkeu.
Verdict: Plenty of pace and power as City's U23s beat Wolves 2-1, linking play well and with a fine finish for his goal, but needs to be more ruthless as he had enough chances for a hat-trick.
Rating: 7 out of 10