Player watch: Abrahams demonstrates pace and power as he leads young Canaries to victory
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Our latest Norwich City player watch kept an eye on 19-year-old striker Tristan Abrahams as the Canaries' under-23s beat Wolves 2-1 at Carrow Road. Here's how the youngster performed...
11 – Good work from Devonte Aransibia on the left allows the striker to drill a low shot goalwards from 10 yards out but Wolves keeper Jon Flatt does well to save with his feet.
19 – GOAL – Adam Phillips sets Power away on the right with a lovely pass, the Irishman cuts back a low cross which Adam Idah can't make contact with but Abrahams is free to lash home from six yards with the keeper caught out.
20 – Receives the ball on the left from Aransibia, with Wolves still rocking on their heels less than 90 seconds after the first goal, and powers towards the box. Cross deflects to Marco Stiepermann on the edge of the box and the German's classy chip is cleared off the line, only for the linesman to award the goal for 2-0.
28 – Stiepermann sets Aransibia away on the left, Abrahams continues the attack before returning the ball to his left-back, whose cross is charged down for a corner.
You may also want to watch:
38 – The former Orient striker has a shot charged down for a corner on the left.
42 – Great pace from Power to break free in midfield, sets Abrahams through, passes up first chance to shoot and second effort is charged down. Straight afterwards, Aransibia recycles well under pressure and Phillips plays a fine threaded ball into Abrahams, who thumps the ball across the face of goal but Adam Idah doesn't gamble for the chance to finish.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
47 – Right-back Max Aarons finds Abrahams and charges forward wanting the ball on the right wing but his team-mate can't return the pass.
51 – City clear their lines, Abrahams stops the ball from going out on the right, Power passes to Aransibia on the left and his shot is well saved.
71 – Flowing team move and Abrahams wins a corner.
73 – Replaced by Pierre Fonkeu.
Verdict: Plenty of pace and power as City's U23s beat Wolves 2-1, linking play well and with a fine finish for his goal, but needs to be more ruthless as he had enough chances for a hat-trick.
Rating: 7 out of 10