Chelsea midfield starlet linked with City switch
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Norwich City are believed to be keeping track of highly-rated Chelsea prospect Mason Mount.
The 19-year-old midfielder has shone during his first senior season, spent on loan at Vitesse Arnhem in the Dutch top flight.
And that has seen The Sun link City, QPR and Reading with a potential Championship follow-up for the youngster, who has also impressed while in regular action for the England Under-19 squad that won the European Championships last year.
Mount was a Vitesse regular in the Eredivisie after breaking into the first team in November, with Arnhem currently sixth in the table following their 2-2 draw at Willem II on Saturday.
There is a queue of clubs interested beyond England however, with Ajax and PSV Eindhoven said to be keen alongside Sporting Lisbon and Werder Bremen.
You may also want to watch:
However, all bets are now off in terms of the Canaries' summer transfer plans following James Maddison's knee injury, picked up early in Sunday's 5-1 final-day thrashing by Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
While the extent of the injury is still to be confirmed, any lengthy lay-off is set to scupper the Canaries' plan sell their star man during the summer transfer window – and in turn ease a £20m deficit following the loss of parachute payments this summer.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…