Transfer rumour mill: Norwich City competing with Swansea for Brighton’s Liam Bridcutt
The Canaries are reported to be competing with fellow Premier League newcomers Swansea City for the services of Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt.
Swans manager Brendan Rodgers has been linked with a �1m bid for Bridcutt, who has 18 months left on his contract with the Seagulls.
The 22-year-old is a former Chelsea academy product and knows Rodgers from their days at Stamford Bridge.
But City boss Paul Lambert, who has already snapped up Andrew Crofts and Elliott Bennett from Brighton, is also reported to be an admirer.
Reading-born Bridcutt has established himself as an important part of Gus Poyet's Brighton side, making 71 appearances for since arriving at the club in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
He played against the Canaries in League One in 2009 while on loan at Stockport, and in the Championship in 2008 while on loan at Watford. He previously had a loan spell at Yeovil.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed