TRANSFER LATEST: West Brom, Aston Villa and Newcastle chasing Norwich City’s Wes Hoolahan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aston Villa, West Brom and Newcastle are all thought to be trying to prize Wes Hoolahan away from Norwich City as the transfer window draws to a close.
Aston Villa have already had three bids rejected for the wantaway playmaker but that hasn't stopped another two teams in the top-flight offering to end the Irish ace's misery at Carrow Road.
Initially West Brom's identity was anonymous but TalkSPORT and other media have since insisted that Albion are the club who wants to sign the diminutive schemer. The Baggies are keen on taking him to the Hawthorns on a loan deal until the end of the season.
However, in the last few minutes, the Metro have broken the story that Newcastle are trying to sign Norwich's unsettled player following the departure of Yohan Cabaye to Paris St Germain. West Brom's James Morrison is also interesting the Magpies.
Hoolahan has become a bit-part figure under Chris Hughton and appears desperate to force a move away from Norfolk. However, his transfer request was turned down by the Canaries' hierarchy who are determined to not let him leave.
You may also want to watch:
Another player strongly linked to be on his way out of the club before the 11pm deadline is striker Luciano Becchio. Reports in the north-east suggest he looks poised to join Championship side Middlesbrough – probably on a loan deal. Anthony Pilkington has attracted the interest of Swansea City but is unlikely to be allowed to leave.
A string of names have been rumoured with a move to Norwich, many of whom have ended up elsewhere or currently in talks with other clubs. However, Ladbrokes are suggesting that City are keen on adding Newcastle United winger Gabriel Obertan to their squad, especially if Hoolahan departs.
Join in our live transfer window discussion here.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town