Time for Norwich City to follow their leader again
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Very few Norwich City fans had heard of Alex Neil when he was appointed Norwich City manager – but they will never forget the man who is now charged with spearheading a vital period in the club's history.
The former Hamilton boss has already proved he thrives under the pressure of the big occasion during his 15 months in charge at Carrow Road.
Ironing out the creases in last season's Canaries team to lead his new squad into the Championship play-offs was just the first act of his dramatic story.
An unforgettable triumph over bitter rivals Ipswich Town in the semi-finals sparked his reign into life – as well as wild celebrations.
That party was soon dwarfed though when the fiery Scot led City to an immaculate Wembley display to beat Middlesbrough in the final and earn promotion.
The 34-year-old has had to demonstrate maturity and control during a roller-coaster inaugural season in the English top flight but is once again coming to the fore when the going gets tough.
Holding Manchester City to a 0-0 draw at Carrow Road was followed by a vital win at West Brom and an even more crucial victory over Newcastle. Defeat at Crystal Palace may have held up his team's surge for survival but this Saturday another chance for Neil to seal his status as leader awaits against Sunderland.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 5 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 6 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 7 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 8 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 9 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 10 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
For a look back on Neil's time at City so far, see the photo gallery above.