‘They were undone by their lack of fire power’ - what the nationals said about Norwich City’s goalless draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Sean Dempsey/Focus Images Ltd
Here are the national newspapers' views on Norwich City's goalless draw with Sheffield Wednesday at Carrow Road.
•The Sunday Times: 'Norwich, meanwhile, obscured their failure to buy the top-level striker they so desperately require by scoring four at Blackburn last week. This week, they were undone by their lack of fire power.'
•Sunday Mirror: 'For a team relegated from the Premier League, it is important that the players show the willingness to bounce back at the first attempt. So far, the signs are looking good.'
•Sunday Express: 'It was a frustrating day for Norwich fans as they endured a goalless stalemate and also saw goalkeeper John Ruddy go off injured.'
•Daily Mail: 'But Norwich finally found some impetus as the match entered its final 10 minutes, with some desperate defending required as first Hoolahan and then Brady caused havoc with raids down the left.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'