The results are in: 73pc of you want to see Sebastien Bassong back in the Norwich City team
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have shown their support for Sebastien Bassong's return to first team action.
More than 70pc of 1,100 supporters who voted in an online pinkun.com poll backed Bassong for a first team recall, and manager Alex Neil has told the 28-year-old the ball is now in his court.
The Scot confirmed on Wednesday it is a fresh start for the Canaries' former captain and player-of-the-year after holding talks with the central defender.
Our readers took to the comments section of our website to disccuss the return of Bassong.
Dubai Canary said: 'Get Bassong sorted out, or get him sold, Alex Neil must deal with these things head-on, I guess he is on a massively steep learning curve this week! Get it right and he'll be a hero, lets hope he does.'
Soulwaxer believed 'Bassong would be like a new signing if his head is in the right place. Hooiveld needs to be sent back to Southampton, but it's a shame that Ryan Bennett can't seem to stay fit.'
You may also want to watch:
Bogaz John commented: 'Personally I'm glad he's back. Good players don't become bad ones overnight. We DO need a big guy in the middle and he did well to begin with so let's see. More good positive feelings towards Alex Neil. My Scottish mates said he was good man manager as well as fitness mad so looking good.'
JimBob believed that 'if Alex Neil can get Seb on board, he has a quality top half prem centre-back in his team (even if it's for the short term before he loses interest again). I think the loan to Watford made him realise his attitude will have stopped him being attractive to bigger clubs and Norwich is the best team he will play for going forward. I didn't like his previous antics, but he would be formidable at this level when on song and it looks as though Neil is the man to do give him that opportunity.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
'This will also mean the end of Martin as a centre-back for now (which most people have been calling for so it's a good move all round), esp if we loan Huth. What a champ defence we would have then!'
El Dingo posted; 'The only realistic way he'll get back to the Premier League is with us and I agree he's worth a chance.'
• What do you think? let us know by posting a comment below.