The real value of Wes Hoolahan to Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wes Hoolahan demonstrated his continued importance to the Norwich City cause against Derby County and the Irishman has the statistics to back it up.
Hoolahan showed he remains the creative hub of this Norwich City squad against the Rams with a vibrant display and statistics show this season the Canaries are more than twice as productive, points wise, when the 34-year-old starts.
Alex Neil's men have taken 32 points from 17 games (1.88 points per game) when Hoolahan is named in the starting XI, whilst on the eight occasions he's been benched, Norwich have taken only seven points (0.88 points per game).
Supporters will be hoping Hoolahan can lead City's revival this season after starting just one match since City's 3-2 defeat against Leeds in November.
The veteran's involvement looks key to any promotion aspirations for Neil's men, who sit just five points outside of the play-offs following Monday's victory.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?