The magnificent seven stats from Norwich City’s amazing 7-1 win over Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City ripped up the record books as they thrashed Reading 7-1 at Carrow Road on Saturday.
Super fan David 'Spud' Thornhill trawled through the club's stats after the match and has come up with a magnificent seven fascinating facts.
*Biggest home win since the 8-0 FA Cup victory over Sutton United on January 28, 1989.
*First time City have scored seven since a 7-0 v Paulton Rovers on November 7, 2009.
*First seven in the league since 7-2 victory over Southend on November 17, 1955.
You may also want to watch:
*Biggest win since 8-1 victory over Shrewsbury Town on September 13, 1952.
*Biggest home league win since 7-0 over Torquay on April 14, 1952.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
*First time since City have scored six in one half since a second half rout over Coventry in the 10-2 win on March 15, 1930.
*First time City have scored six in the first half since 6-1 win over Luton on April 21, 1908.