“The club couldn’t stand in his way” - Norwich City fans react to Nathan Redmond’s move to Southampton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Here's what Norwich City supporters think of Nathan Redmond's club-record fee move to Southampton.
News that Southampton had completed a deal for the former Birmingham City winger was met by a mixed reaction from Norwich City supporters on Twitter.
We also asked Norwich City supporters is they were sad to Nathan Redmond go on our Pink Un Facebook page and it is fair to say there was a mixed reaction from Canaries fans.
Robin Jacobs was sad to see him go and commented: 'Yes but it's been inevtiable for some time and to be honest I think he needs a move to develop as a player. Just make sure you spend the money well. Offering a big chunk of it to Timm Klose to stay wouldn't be a bad start!'
Jordan Palmer was also disappointed by the news adding: 'Shame really cos he's still got it all ahead of him and could have been a great player with norwich. Should have been the first name on the team sheet in every game last season.'
However Stuart Brooks was pleased to see Redmond go after an inconsistent season: 'Too inconsistent, saved his best performances for the England u21 s, let's hope we put the money to good use.'
Kimberley Manser also wasn't sad to see the midfielder go, she joined the debate saying: 'Nope not at all. He's a player with bags of potential that only shows it when he plays a bigger club or when he plays for England.'
• You can join the debate on the Pink Un Facebook page
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 7 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 8 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 9 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack