Team news: Norwich City switch Nelson Oliveira and Cameron Jerome for Brighton clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have made one change to their starting line-up for tonight's televised clash with Brighton.
Nelson Oliveira has been preferred to top scorer Cameron Jerome up front, as the only change to the starting team which won 3-1 at Preston on Monday.
City skipper Russell Martin retains his place in the starting XI to clock up his 300th appearance for the club and move into 23rd place in the club's all-time appearance makers. It also continues a steady run for the defender, as he has started and finished the Canaries' last 22 matches.
Alex Tettey is fit enough for a place on the bench, replacing Ben Godfrey among the substitutes, after a back spasm forced him to miss the win at Preston. Wes Hoolahan also returns to the squad, in place of Yanic Wildschut on the bench.
The visitors have made four changes to the starting XI which saw them beat Wigan 2-1 at home on Monday to seal promotion, with Sebastien Pocognoli, Steve Sidwell, Jamie Murphy and Oliver Norwood replacing Gaetan Bong, Dale Stephens, Baram Kayal and Tomer Hemed – with Bong and Kayal dropping out of the squad completely.
The visitors will seal the Championship title if they win, with former Canaries boss Chris Hughton in the opposition dug-out for the first time since being sacked in April 2014.
Brighton are also looking to wrap up a league double over Norwich for the first time since 1951-52 following their 5-0 home win in October, with the clubs having met on 34 occasions in the intervening period.
Norwich: Ruddy; Pinto, Martin (C), Bennett, Dijks; Howson, Dorrans; Naismith, Pritchard, Josh Murphy; Oliveira. Subs: McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Tettey, Hoolahan, Jacob Murphy, Maddison, Jerome.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 5 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 6 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 7 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 8 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 9 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 10 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
Brighton: Stockdale; Bruno (C), Hünemeier, Dunk, Pocognoli; Knockhaert, Sidwell, Norwood, March; Murphy; Murray. Subs: Maenpaa (GK), Tomori, Rosenior, Skalak, Stephens, Hemed, Akpom.