Swede dreams are made of this as Martin Olsson enjoys his return to Norwich City duty
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Match-winner Martin Olsson is loving his return to the Norwich City fold – and the chance of more to come following an epic Premier League victory.
The Swedish left-back has been a key ingredient in the Canaries' improved form, but that reached new levels with a thrilling injury-time winner to leave City four points clear of the drop zone and Newcastle on their knees.
'Coming back from my shoulder injury took time because I missed pre-season,' admitted Olsson. 'So to get into the competitive tempo was hard. But even if I was on the bench I wasn't sulking. I was still working hard in training and I got my chance. Now I'm playing I'm just happy.
'The spirit has been good the last few weeks and we're feeling strong. We've shown that in our performances as well. Even in conceding two, I think we look more solid now. You can see where we're going. We're working 100pc as a team. That's the only way we can stay up.'
Olsson's last goal game in the stunning 4-2 comeback win at Cardiff in September 2014. He added: 'I didn't know how to celebrate, so I just ran around like a headless chicken.
You may also want to watch:
'That's one of the most important goals of my career – up there with one for Sweden against Austria in a World Cup qualifier. I don't score that often but my goals tend to be important and it's a good feeling because we know how much it means to stay up this season.'
• Follow Michael Bailey on Twitter @michaeljbailey
• What Mustard TV's new Norwich City review show from Carrow Road on Saturday, 3 Up Front Matchday, here.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit