Surman ready for Premier League test
Norwich City midfielder Andrew Surman insists the Premier League holds no fears for the Canaries after the midfielder starred in the club's 3-0 win against Parma to complete their pre-season campaign.
The former Wolves and Southampton man claimed a second half double to see off the Italian side after Grant Holt had set City on their way with a close range finish in the first half.
And Surman believes that confidence could not be any higher going into the club's Premier League opener against Wigan next weekend.
'We've worked really hard – obviously we've been to Germany and the lads have worked really hard to get their fitness up and it's great to end the pre-season with a 3-0 against a team that's going well in Serie A.
'I feel there's a lot of confidence and a lot of belief amongst the squad.
You may also want to watch:
'We've got no fear of anyone in that league – we're going to go in there and give it our best shot. Hopefully we will win more games than we lose.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 8 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill