Watch highlights of Norwich City’s 1-1 draw at Sunderland
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was a night of missed chances for Norwich City and now you can watch just how close the Canaries came to winning against Sunderland.
The struggling Black Cats bounced back from Aiden McGeady hitting the post from the penalty spot five minutes before the break by taking the lead in the 63rd minute.
McGeady's shot had also hit the post and that allowed Lynden Gooch to follow up and give Chris Coleman's side a lead which sparked hopes of survival at the Stadium of Light.
However, City captain Ivo Pinto lashed home a late leveller to show his forward players how it's done, after Nelson Oliveira, James Maddison and Josh Murphy had missed a succession of chances.
• For more Norwich City news and analysis, follow @ThePinkUn on Facebook
The right-back's low strike in the 89th minute was a huge blow to Sunderland's survival hopes and left City 13th in the Championship table.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch highlights of the game above
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 5 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 6 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 7 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 8 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 9 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
- 10 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods