Story of the match: Norwich City U23s beaten by Sunderland in Premier League International Cup semi-final
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
The floodlights were back on at Carrow Road tonight as Norwich City Under-23s took on Sunderland in the semi-finals of the Premier League International Cup.
The Canaries included first-team players Mitchell Dijks and Matt Jarvis win their line-up, as Dijks maintained his fitness while serving a three-game ban and Jarvis continued his comeback from a hamstring injury.
Over 2,500 spectators watched City's development side thrash the second team of Dinamo Zagreb 6-0 in the quarter-finals at Carrow Road and another big crowd is expected, with tickets again free.
Norwich emerged as the only team to win all three group games in this season's competition, beating Valencia 2-0, Celtic 3-0 and Aston Villa 4-3 in the group stages, before the big win over Zagreb in the knockout stages.
The Black Cats beat Benfica 2-1 thanks to a late goal, PSV Eindhoven 2-0 and drew 2-2 with Derby thanks to a late penalty in the group stages, then beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 in their quarter-final.
You may also want to watch:
Porto await the winner in the final, having beaten Swansea in the other semi-final last weekend.
Re-live the match as it unfolded above.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets