Story of the match: Norwich City U23s 1 Everton U23s 0
- Credit: JASON DAWSON/JASONPIX
Norwich City Under-23s returned to action with a 1-0 win over Everton U23s in a Premier League Cup tie at Carrow Road this evening.
Dmitri Halajko's team needed to win to keep their hopes of qualification from Group D alive, having won one and drawn one of their opening four matches, and did just that.
Ebou Adams scored in the 82nd minute after a howler from Toffees keeper Conor Hunt in the pouring rain, to move City up to second in the group and put qualification in their hands.
The young Canaries have struggled for form in recent months, winning just one of their last 10 matches in all competitions before tonight, following a narrow 1-0 home loss to Aston Villa in Premier League Two last week.
They improved that record with a narrow win over the team who currently top the Premier League Two table but needed a fine performance from over-age keeper Paul Jones to edge the tie.
You may also want to watch:
Re-live the match as it unfolded via the blog on this page and see the links below for full reaction and analysis.
Click here for the latest Norwich City news and views, or follow David Freezer on Twitter @davefreezer or on Facebook @DavidFreezer1
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town