Stoke City v Norwich City - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Stoke City following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
6 John Ruddy: Men in front ensured this was a watchful outing for the England international.
6 Russell Martin: Attacking instincts helped get his side high up the pitch in the opening period.
6 Michael Turner: Largely kept Kenwyne Jones and later Peter Crouch on a tight leash.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 6 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 10 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
6 Ryan Bennett: Smacked the crossbar early on. Willingness to play out from the back. Good foil for partner.
7 Martin Olsson: Impressive athlete. Quick on the floor and sensed the sporadic danger aerially.
7 Leroy Fer: Copious energy from central areas. Broke up play on numerous occasions.
7 Jonny Howson: Thoroughbred display from the Yorkshireman. Swinging hit for the goal. Probed at will.
6 Robert Snodgrass: Denied acrobatically at the death by Asmir Begovic. Prominent in the final throes.
7 Alex Tettey: Wonderful exhibition of defensive screening to protect City's backline.
6 Anthony Pilkington: One fine cross on the run just evaded RvW. Never neglected his defensive duties either.
6 Ricky van Wolfswinkel: Prodigious work rate to occupy Stoke's centre-backs. Little or no sights on goal.
Subs: Steven Whittaker (for Pilkington) 6, Johan Elmander (for van Wolfswinkel) 6
• Stoke City:
6 Asmir Begovic: Appeared to be deceived by the flight of Jonny Howson's hit. Excellent stop from Snodgrass.
6 Geoff Cameron: Solid. Slipped once by Anthony Pilkington in the second period when the wide player cut in.
6 Ryan Shawcross: Serious threat aerially on corners and free kicks.
6 Robert Huth: Brave block to deny Jonny Howson. Less effective with the ball at his feet.
5 Erik Pieters: Tough shift trying and failing to nullify Robert Snodgrass.
5 Jonathan Walters: Plenty of hustle and bustle. Little sign of any understanding with his left back.
5 Steven Nzonzi: Got better in line with the collective urgency Stoke showed in the second period.
5 Marc Wilson: Crude challenge on Ricky van Wolfswinkel rightly cautioned. Wayward strike after the break.
5 Charlie Adam: Not the influential figure from last season's corresponding fixture.
6 Marko Arnautovic: One sublime dipping strike hinted at his attacking potential.
6 Kenwyne Jones: May feel aggrieved over penalty claim. Isolated figure before his exit.
Subs: Jermaine Pennant (for Walters) 5, Peter Crouch (for Jones) 5, Stephen Ireland (for Adam) 6