Stoke City Under-21s 0, Norwich City Under-21s 5
Norwich City's newest professionals stole the show as the club's Under-21s went nap against Stoke City on Friday night.
Josh Murphy scored the opening goal and twin brother Jacob scored a hat-trick inside 18 second-half minutes as the young Canaries romped to a Barclays U21 Premier League win at Nantwich.
The identical twins, from Downham Market, signed pro contracts eight days ago and have been celebrating ever since – Friday's goal-fest followed Jacob's hat-trick in the 6-3 Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-final win over King's Lynn Town on Saturday.
Josh set the ball rolling after just six minutes, with Jacob scoring on 51, 56 and 69 minutes. City were well on their way to their fourth win in a row before Jamar Loza added a fifth with five minutes remaining.
The result was well received by City first teamer Elliott Bennett, who tweeted: 'Great result for Norwich City FC U21s. Hopefully we can get all three points tomorrow as well.'
You may also want to watch:
Jacob added on Twitter: 'Wow! Another great performance for the team tonight. 5-0, a hat-trick and three points', while Josh added: 'Such a great win. Lads played so well. Got one goal and set up three.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council