Stoke City assistant boss Mark Bowen is a big fan of Norwich City’s Nathan Redmond
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Former Norwich City stalwart and current Stoke assistant boss Mark Bowen has admitted the Potters are sweet on Nathan Redmond.
Canaries' boss Neil Adams made it clear earlier this week it will take a 'mouthwatering' bid to prise the England Under-21 international away from Carrow Road.
Stoke and Southampton have both been heavily linked with a summer move for the 20-year-old and Bowen confirmed prior to the Potters' departing for a pre-season training camp in Germany he is on their transfer radar.
'I don't like talking too much about players at other clubs, but he is someone we've admired for a while,' he said. 'We certainly feel like we haven't finished recruiting yet, and we'll try to get one or two more into the building.'
Stoke are believed to be closing in on the signing of Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi for an initial £4.5m and have also held talks with Barcelona midfielder Bojan.
Adams made it clear Redmond is part of his Championship plans after the youngster scored in the midweek 6-1 friendly win at Braintree.
He said. 'There will be plenty of bids and we will knock them all back as best we can unless and until it becomes like the Robert Snodgrass situation, when it reaches a point you have to do business.'
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
Redmond was part of the 24-man squad who flew out to Italy on Friday for a three-game tour.