Stoke City 1, Norwich City 0 - what the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's defeat at Stoke.
Sunday Mirror: 'Etherington is a rare shimmering jewel . . . the beauty within the beast of the football monster Tony Pulis has been accused of building in the Potteries.'
The Mail on Sunday: 'Matthew Etherington settled this 'comfort zone' shocker to ensure Norwich equalled the unwanted Premier League record of 28 away games without keeping a clean sheet.'
You may also want to watch:
The Observer: 'Replays suggested the throw-in from which Cameron Jerome flicked the ball on for Etherington to fire in his decisive shot should have been given to the visitors.'
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
The People: 'The class of '72 said hello to the Britannia Stadium while Etherington kissed goodbye to Norwich's hopes of heading home with a point.'
The Sunday Times: 'There was real quality on the pitch. Unfortunately, George Eastham – back for a reunion of Stoke City's 1972 League Cup-winning side – walked off before kick-off.'