Stoke City 1, Norwich City 0 - what the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's defeat at Stoke.
Sunday Mirror: 'Etherington is a rare shimmering jewel . . . the beauty within the beast of the football monster Tony Pulis has been accused of building in the Potteries.'
The Mail on Sunday: 'Matthew Etherington settled this 'comfort zone' shocker to ensure Norwich equalled the unwanted Premier League record of 28 away games without keeping a clean sheet.'
The Observer: 'Replays suggested the throw-in from which Cameron Jerome flicked the ball on for Etherington to fire in his decisive shot should have been given to the visitors.'
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 8 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 9 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 10 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
The People: 'The class of '72 said hello to the Britannia Stadium while Etherington kissed goodbye to Norwich's hopes of heading home with a point.'
The Sunday Times: 'There was real quality on the pitch. Unfortunately, George Eastham – back for a reunion of Stoke City's 1972 League Cup-winning side – walked off before kick-off.'