Steven Whittaker to miss Manchester City clash with hip injury
Defender Steven Whittaker's hip injury will keep him on the sidelines once again when Norwich City face reigning champions Manchester City at Carrow Road on Saturday.
Whittaker, who was substituted in the 2-1 defeat at West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns, missed the Boxing Day visit of Chelsea.
And the right-back has no chance of facing the Blues, the one team the Canaries have yet to play in their league programme.
'He will still miss Saturday,' said manager Chris Hughton. 'We're just waiting for it to settle down. There has been a slight improvement from the last game but at the moment, Saturday will be too quick for him.'
Scotland international Whittaker was previously out for three months with an ankle injury sustained at Celtic in a pre-season friendly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed