Steve Bruce slams Norwich City’s ‘embarrassing’ bids for Robbie Brady
- Credit: PA
Norwich City's pursuit of Hull's Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady has been labelled 'embarrassing' by Canaries' old boy and Tigers' boss Steve Bruce.
The Hull manager is currently at a training camp in Portugal with his first team squad preparing for their return to the Championship, but went on the offensive to reveal the extent of City's interest in the 23-year-old.
Hull aim to bounce bacck from Premier League relegation at the first attempt and Bruce is adamant the likes of Brady will be going nowhere unless Norwich meet their valuation - believed to be in excess of £5m - after three failed offers this summer.
'Norwich have come in with bids for Robbie Brady but I have to say they've been embarrassing,' Bruce told the Hull Daily Mail. 'The supporters should know the truth and Norwich came in two weeks ago with a bid of £2m, £2.5m and then £3m. That's ridiculous for someone who is 23, has played two years in the Premier League and has become a regular international.
'When we've just got almost twice that for Tom Ince (who joined Derby for £5m). It doesn't make sense. We paid £2.75m for Robbie and that was three years ago.
You may also want to watch:
'This can unsettle players, do this, that or the other, and it's all part of the game. But Robbie Brady will not be going for anywhere near that.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail