Stat Attack: Norwich City v Newcastle United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Canaries' strike force would do well to take their lead from top scorer Robert Snodgrass. He's had the most attempts on target of any Norwich City player in the Premier League this season with 25.
Snodgrass has also been contributing positively in defence. He has won 42 attempted tackles, the most of any Norwich player, giving him a 65 per cent success rate overall.
Bradley Johnson, suspended in the 2-1 defeat at West Ham after five bookings, continues to be City's enforcer-in-chief, clocking up the fouls. He currently sits joint third on the EA Sports Player Performance Index with 39.
Midfielder Alexander Tettey ran an impressive 6.29 miles against West Ham.
A very early goal from Papiss Cisse was not enough to prevent the Magpies suffering a 2-1 defeat by Everton at St James Park.
Cisse has scored four Premier League goals but has been transgressing at the other end of the pitch more than any other Newcastle player. The Player Performance Index shows him notching up 26 fouls.
Davide Santon has been flourishing on Tyneside this season and is also adding some attacking strings to his bow. He has delivered 21 crosses.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
No Newcastle player has been throwing their body on the line more than Mike Williamson this campaign. His 12 blocks is the highest total in the Magpies' squad.