Stat Attack: Norwich City v Manchester City
Sebastien Bassong, who so nearly scored a late equaliser for Norwich City against Chelsea on Boxing Day, is their second highest ranked player in the EA Sports Player Performance Index, rated 59th overall.
Bassong, behind only Robert Snodgrass of his Norwich team-mates, is one of only four Premier League defenders to have scored three or more goals this season.
Bassong has needed just nine efforts for his three goals. Those defenders who have outscored him with four goals, Patrice Evra and Branislav Ivanovic, have needed 13 and 14 efforts, respectively.
Bassong has also made the second highest number of clearances in the league with 45, though it will take a huge effort to overtake top performer Jonas Olsson, of West Bromwich Albion, who has made 65.
Manchester City will be looking to bounce back after falling further behind league leaders Manchester United with a surprise 1-0 defeat at Sunderland on Boxing Day, with top scorers Carlos Tevez (7) and Sergio Aguero (6) having scored just one goal each in the last seven games.
You may also want to watch:
Tevez is now averaging 8.43 shots per goal and Aguero 7.17 shots per goal, a rate bettered by Norwich striker Grant Holt, who averages a goal every 6.75 shots. In comparison, the league's top scorer Michu averages a goal every 4.15 shots this season.
Yaya Toure remains the centre of the Blues' best play, and preventing him from dictating the midfield will be key to Norwich getting a positive result. In the game against Reading he completed 73 passes in his opponents' half, the third highest total by a player in a single game this season, taking his total to 818 passes completed.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low