STARTING XIs: Leitner returns for Canaries at Blackburn
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Moritz Leitner returns to Norwich City's staring line-up at Blackburn this afternoon.
The German midfielder missed three games with a calf injury and was an unused substitute during last weekend's 2-2 draw at Bristol City, but returns in place of Mario Vrancic.
The Canaries are looking to extend a 10-match unbeaten run and reclaim top spot from Leeds, who sit a point clear ahead of their game at Aston Villa tomorrow afternoon.
Drawing 2-2 in Bristol continued a fine run of just one defeat from the last 17 league games for Daniel Farke's high-flying team, also remaining unbeaten in their last nine away matches.
There's also just one change for Blackburn, with Adam Armstrong coming in for the injured Craig Conway on the left of midfield.
Opposition view: Rovers settling in as Mowbray sticks to tried and trusted
You may also want to watch:
The hosts sit 12th but only five points adrift of the top six ahead of kick-off, having made a decent return to Championship life after automatic promotion from League One.
Tony Mowbray's team have lost just one of their last 31 home league games, stretching all the way back to October 2017, and beat Leeds 2-1 at Ewood Park in October.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
Rovers include former Canaries loanee Harrison Reed in their line-up, while Norwich have three former Blackburn players on their bench in striker Jordan Rhodes, former Rovers skipper Grant Hanley and midfielder Ben Marshall.
Norwich: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey (C), Leitner; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Marshall, Vrancic, Hernandez, Rhodes, Srbeny
Blackburn: Martin; Nyambe, Mulgrew (C), Lenihan, Bell; Evans, Smallwood; Reed, Dack, Conway; Graham. Subs: Leutwiler (GK), Williams, Downing, Rothwell, Palmer, Rodwell, Brereton