Standing room only – but Canaries fans will get a great welcome at Burton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Q So, a first league trip to the Pirelli Stadium for Norwich City – what can fans, and indeed players, expect?
A Friendly home fans and the beer in the pubs is really good. The Norwich fans will also probably be delighted to stand up behind the goal, as there's no seating in the away end.
If the forecast is for sunshine they had better bring caps because they will be staring straight into the sun.
Q Nine defeats in your last 12 league games and the relegation zone perilously close – can you avoid the drop?
A We are working on it. It isn't going to be easy, but we can beat anybody in the league on our day.
You may also want to watch:
Our budget is miniscule compared to most of the clubs. We have got a good chance if we can avoid injuries to key players in our small squad.
Q Nigel Clough is well respected, but are Burton punching above their weight – and is he the right man for the job?
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
A He's totally the right man for the job. He's basically mainly responsible for getting the club to where they are and we are in La La land, playing football in the Championship.
He has the full confidence of the chairman, with whom he has worked for many years, and Burton fans wouldn't be calling for Nigel's head if we go down. We didn't expect to be here, it's just one big bonus.
Q So who should City fans look out for in Burton colours today?
A Our star man is Jackson Irvine, who arrived in the summer as a record signing. He's a midfield dynamo and our top scorer. And recent signing on loan from Burnley, Michael Kightly, who has played two games and scored two goals.
Q And who would your Norwich City dangermen be?
A Cameron Jerome puts himself about, he's got a good work rate and he can score goals, although his relatively poor conversion rate gives us a little bit of hope. I respect Jonny Howson, he's a danger coming from midfield.
Q Do you think Norwich City will get into the play-offs – or even better?
A I would like to think so, because they are good to watch, but the defence will probably let them down over the season.
Q And a score prediction, please?
Ahead of Norwich City's first trip to the Pirelli Stadium, Brewers season ticket holder Gareth Briscoe gives his verdict on what yellow and green fans can expect from the match.